There’s nothing nicer than a spoonful of chutney on top of a peppery pork pie made with hot water crust pastry. Our pork pie chutney recipe is made with diced beetroot, cranberries, apple and cumin and is ready to eat straight away after simmering for over an hour. Keep it in the fridge for up to a month and enjoy with your Pork Farms pork pies.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Makes 2 medium-sized jars
- Pork Farms’ Pork Pies
- 1kg raw beetroot, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 cooking apple, peeled and grated
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 75g dried cranberries
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 500ml red wine vinegar
- 400g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a large pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer for approx 1 hour 20 minutes until the beetroot is cooked and the liquid has reduced to a sticky chutney consistency.
- Sterilise 2 medium-sized kilner jars in boiling water.
- Allow the chutney to cool and transfer to the jars. Store in the fridge.
You can also enjoy this pork pie chutney recipe with Wall’s Pastry’s sausage rolls.