It’s official – National Pie Day is our favourite event of the year and what better way to celebrate than with our favourite type…a pork pie! 23 January isn’t just about tucking into a sweet short crust apple pie, or a classic beef and stilton, so we have put together a few recommendations of how to mark the best day in the food calendar with our tasty pork pie products.
If you’re stuck for time and can’t face making your own pastry or filling, Pork Farms’ pork pies are quick and convenient – just pop them on a plate for a snack or pair them with one of our tasty accompaniments for a quick lunch or dinner.
Savoury pies perfect for cosy nights in
The Pork Pie is a British classic that is super simple to elevate and turn into a quick and easy evening meal. Here are some recipe suggestions for how to pimp up your pie during the long winter nights:
- Homemade mushy peas and an individual Pork Farms Pork Pie
- Pork Farms Pork Pie ploughman’s with a beetroot, cranberry and chilli chutney
- Pork Farms Pork Pies with sweet potato fries and homemade smoky baked beans – our friends at Wall’s Pastry have two delicious recipes for a healthier take on chips and beans
Small pork pies ideal for snacking and sharing
- Pork Farms Snack Pork and Pickle Pies with a cranberry and orange spicy red cabbage
- Pork Farms Mini or Snack Pork Pies
- Pork Farms Mini Pork and Branston Topped Pies are ideal for on-the-go snacking and come complete with a spicy chutney
You can buy our selection of pork pies from a range of Asda, Tesco and convenience shops around the UK.