This spicy red cabbage recipe is packed with wintery flavours such as cranberries, orange zest and bay and is a fiery accompaniment to our pork pies at your Christmas festivities.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Pork Farms’ pork pies
- 1 large red cabbage, quartered and finely sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g dried cranberries
- Zest and juice of 2 large oranges
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar or pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 50g light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pan fry the onion in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic, bay leaf and chilli flakes. Continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and stir to combine. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar, cranberries, orange juice and zest, balsamic vinegar or pomegranate molasses and season.
- Cook for 45 minutes – 1 hour, stirring regularly until the cabbage is soft.
You can also enjoy this spicy red cabbage recipe with Wall’s Pastry’s sausage rolls.