Spring is almost upon us, so as the evenings get lighter and the weather gets warmer, it’s time to start thinking about planning the perfect food for your spring picnics and packed lunches.
We have a selection of delicious seasonal snacks, which are tasty, convenient fridge-staples for some of our favourite springtime occasions – whether they’re for a family picnic or a nice treat for your lunchbox.
Pack the perfect picnic
Take advantage of the warmer days, gather your loved ones and pull out your checkered blanket for your first picnic of the year. Our top tip: why not spoil your mum on Mother’s Day and take her out for a great British picnic? Pack your hamper with pork pies and take your mum out for the day on Sunday 22 March.
We’ve got a selection of savoury nibbles that will go down a treat with both friends and family, particularly when served with a variety of seasonal dips such as pickles, chutneys and apple or cranberry sauce.
- Mini or Snack Pork Pies with carrots, cucumber sticks and grapes
- Mini Pork and Branston Topped Pies with a beetroot, cranberry and chilli chutney
- Medium Original Pork Pie with a potato salad and crunchy coleslaw
- Melton Mowbray Individual Pork Pie with cheddar cheese, salami and dried dates
Lovely light bites for your lunchbox
Pack you or your family a lunchbox to look forward to with our favourite packed lunch ideas. Pork Farms is here to help with quick, easy and affordable alternatives to preparing a homemade lunch from scratch for work or school.
- Mini Pork Pies with cold meats and piccalilli
- Make your own mini Ploughman’s lunch – Mini Pork and Branston Topped Pies with a boiled egg, cheddar cheese and pickled onions
- Snack Pork and Pickle Pies with a scotch egg, gherkins and an onion chutney
You can buy our selection of pork pies from a range of Asda, Tesco and convenience shops around the UK.