We take privacy seriously, please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices and your rights regarding your personal data.
We apply the following principles to privacy and data protection:
- We respect and protect privacy and safeguard personal data in line with all applicable laws and regulations.
- We will limit use and processing of personal data to the purposes we need it for, and only with explicit permission or other legal basis.
- We will be critical, transparent and clear about when, how and where we use personal data.
- We make sure we do not retain personal data any longer than we have to and will follow all applicable data retention schedules and terms.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is Addo Food Group Ltd 2017
Why do we collect this information?
If you provide us with personal information (e.g. in an e-mail sent to us or in connection with signing up for certain programs, contests, promotions, etc.), we may use your personal information as follows:
- To provide the services you request – this may include responding to your inquiries, and administering contests you enter.
- To respond to communications sent to us or posted on the website or on our social media channels.
- To contact you from time to time, where you have specifically consented to follow-up contacts e.g. to be put on our newsletter list.
- For such other purposes which you may request or consent to from time to time.
- To maintain our business records, which includes legal, security, regulatory, audit, risk-management and quality assurance purposes.
We will only contact you with direct marketing communications if you consent to us doing so and you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
What information do we collect from you?
The Personal Data we collect about you when you use our Services include the following:
- Your contact details. Your name, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and e-mail address.
- Information regarding your use of our online Services. This includes data regarding the pages you visit and the products, and services you like.
- Your details regarding contests. The data we collect if you participate in a survey, contest, promotion or competition we provide from time to time.
- Your reviews. The opinions, experiences, preferences and interests, and product or event reviews that you publish on our website or share with us online or through social media.
- Your communication data. Your requests, any complaints you may have and any other data that we receive if we communicate with you via e-mail, by telephone, online or via social media.
SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA:
- Special categories of Personal Data provided by you. We may also collect additional information you voluntarily provide to us when you interact with us, for example in relation product queries or complaints via our customer service team.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
- We will hold your personal data for as long as there is a business need or a legal obligation to keep it. Information will never be kept for longer than necessarily viable
Who might we share your information with?
- Service Providers and Processors. We engage third party vendors, from time to time, including:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- In providing their services, the third-party vendors will access, receive, maintain or otherwise process Personal Data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your Personal Data for their own (marketing) purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your Personal Data and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
- Court orders and other legal requirements. We also disclose your Personal Data if disclosure is required by law or in the context of an investigation, regulatory requirement, judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us or to protect the rights or safety of the website, us or our affiliated companies.
- With consent. We also disclose information about you, including Personal Data, to any other third party where you have consented or requested that we do so.
How is your data stored and kept secure?
At Addo Food Group we take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure all information kept by us is stored on our secure servers using appropriate technical, physical and organisational measures so that they are protected against unauthorised or unlawful use.
We do not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If in future we do need to transfer your data outside the EEA, we will only do so if adequate protection
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at Addo Food Group Ltd, Dunsil Drive, Nottingham NG2 1LU or email@example.com
You have the right:
Rectification – you are entitled to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Erasure or right to be forgotten – you can request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
Right to object – you can object to the way your data is being processed based on:
- legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling)
- direct marketing (including profiling)
- processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
Portability – you have the right to data portability allowing you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
Withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw your consent for your personal data to be used at any time.
Data Subject Access Request – you have the right to formally request to see the personal information that Addo Food Group holds about you.
Right to lodge a complaint – you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with GDPR regulations with regard to your personal data.
Identity of the Data Controller
Addo Food Group is the controller of all data for the purposes of the GDPR.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.